The Alaska State Library in conjunction with the Alaska Library Network are pleased to provide Alaska school librarians and school library support staff access ABC-CLIO’s School Library Connection & reVIEWS+ Professional Development Suite.
“School Library Connection & reVIEWS+ gives you 21st-century tools to grow your professional practice, build your collections, and make your library the vibrant and vital research and learning environment you envision.
School Library Connection:
- Self-paced, online learning workshops, giving you access to professional development content whenever and wherever
- An entire archive of legacy Library Media Connection and School Library Monthly magazine articles from the past five years
- Updated each month with new video workshops, articles, topic center content, learning support materials, and more to keep you up to date on the latest trends
- Unique opportunities to connect with your community, featuring “SLC One-Question-Surveys,” “Resource of the Week,” and more
- Fully searchable product reviews and curriculum-enhancement resources to help you build and manage your school’s collection to meet critical curriculum and learning community needs
- Review coverage comprises a variety of educational product formats, including digital, print, audio, video, apps, OER, and more
- Updated monthly with new curriculum themes and collection focus”
Previews of this service are available here.
In the event that more requests are received than are seats available, an effort will be made to ensure equitable access by considering geographic distribution. Remaining seats will given on a first-come, first-serve basis to qualified individuals. By subscribing to SLC/reVIEWS+ through the Alaska State Library, you agree to respond to brief surveys regarding this service and your school library, 2-4 times during the subscription year.
Interested? Email Jared Shucha.